The Type of Personal Information We Collect
- In this context, personal information is information that identifies you specifically. The types of personal information we collect from you may depend on the contract or service you have with us. The personal information we collect and maintain includes contact information provided by you and includes your name, email address and phone number. Automated information is collected when you interact with Rapid Recap which may include but is not limited to technical information such as your internet protocol address, your computers operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages, and "cookies" used to recognise you as you use or return to Rapid Recap.
- Personal data which is not collected directly from you may be collected by us from your employer in connection with your job and how it relates to us.
- You are responsible for helping up maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the personal information provided in your registration or account profile through the website or by contacting us.
- All environments within Rapid Recap are for the exclusive use of adults, age 18 and older, in compliance with the User Restriction Policy. We do not knowingly collect personal Information from natural persons under the age of 18. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under the age of 18, please contact us.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is because we have a contractual obligation with you.
Protection of Personal Information
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information against unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental loss, use, alteration or destruction. We are aware of, and comply with, relevant laws and regulations regarding personal data.
- Although we believe we maintain adequate physical, technical and administrative safeguards designed to guard all personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee that only authorised persons will view your personal information or that personal information you share on Rapid Recap will not become publicly available.
Use of Personal Information
- We will use your personal information to process and administer details of your membership, to communicate with you, to provide you with opportunities, and to keep you up to date with new developments. We may also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business (for example, to improve the content of Rapid Recap, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyse usage patterns on an aggregate basis, to improve our content and offerings), and we may contact you using information you voluntarily provide.
- We do not disclose any Personal Information to anyone, except as permitted or required by law or under the following limited circumstances: We may share personal information with our service providers, contractors or suppliers that help with our business operations and in connection with servicing your account, processing your transactions, or providing other services to you. We may share personal information in special circumstances, including in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful without a subpoena, warrant or other court order to the extent we determine in our sole discretion is necessary to cooperate with appropriate authorities. We may share certain personal information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, or otherwise as may be reasonably necessary in the event of an emergency. We may transfer personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event, such in the event that we sell or otherwise transfers some or all of our assets related to Rapid Recap.
How We Store Your Personal Information
- Rapid Recap is operated and controlled by us in the United Kingdom and your information will be stored in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- We will keep your personal data for as long as you are a user and for a reasonable period of time after that. If you decide to stop being a user, then we will keep your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your most recent contact with us. The length of time we keep your personal data will reflect the obligations we have under applicable regulation to store personal data and the practicality of deleting or permanently anonymising personal data from the applications on which it is kept.
- We may place, view, and/or use "cookies", Web server logs, Web beacons, or other electronic tools to collect statistical and other information about your use of the Rapid Recap and other websites. This information may include information about the IP address of your computer, browser type, language, operating system, your mobile device, device ID, geo-location data, the state or country from which you accessed Rapid Recap, the pages visited, the date and the time of a visit, the pages you visited immediately before and after visiting Rapid Recap, the number of links you click within the Rapid recap, the functions you use on Rapid Recap, the databases you view and the searches you request on Rapid Recap, and the data you save on or download from the Rapid Recap.
- A "cookie" is a small text file which may be placed in the browser files of your computer. The cookie itself does not contain personal information, although it will enable Rapid Recap to relate your use of Rapid Recap to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided to Rapid Recap (such as username) and to track your use of Rapid Recap. Tracking information is used to create information on user demographics and application traffic patterns on an aggregate basis and is not connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users. The website may set cookies which remain on your computer for differing times. Some expire at the end of each session and some remain for longer so that when you return to the website, you will have a better user experience. We may use web analytics cookies to gather aggregated website statistics to allow us to maintain and improve Rapid Recap and your user experience. You can set your browser to reject cookies but if you do so you may be unable to use some areas of Rapid Recap and other websites on the internet.
Rapid Recap may contain links to third-party websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other websites and we encourage you to review the privacy policies, if any, on such websites.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Address: 8 Shepherd Market, Suite 168, Mayfair, London W1J 7JY
How to Complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk